I LOVE Kale. And I LOVE Feta cheese. And heck, I’m Greek.
I’ve been making spinach pies for years, but lately, I’ve been substituting kale in the mix. You could use any green, leafy vegetable, but how can you go wrong with kale?
- 2 bunches of kale
- 1 bunch of green onion
- 1 package of phyllo dough
- 1 pound of crumbled feta cheese (feel free to use low fat)
- 1 egg
- dried or fresh dill
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- olive oil
- Chop kale leaves, stripping them from stems.
- Quickly blanch kale in boiling water.
- Finely chop green onions and sautee in olive oil.
- Add sauteed green onions, kale, feta cheese, dill (to taste) egg, sour cream and feta cheese to bowl.
- Mix to incorporate all ingredients.
- grease a 9 x 17 baking dish.
- Layer 4 pieces of phyllo dough on the bottom of the pan, coating each layer lightly with olive oil.
- Pour kale mixture on top of phyllo.
- Layer 4 more pieces of phyllo on top of mixture, coat top with oil.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven until top is browned, about 40 minutes.